AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS - September 2, 2022 - KRAFTON, Inc. has announced a special collaboration with the British supercar manufacturer McLaren Automotive to bring PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS players exclusive McLaren GT vehicle skins and in-game items from Sept. 7 through Nov. 2 for PC players and from Sept. 15 through Nov. 10 for console players. Additionally, PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS Update 19.2 will be live starting on Sept. 7 for PC and Sept. 15 for console players, along with a new vehicle and weather system in Deston, an animation refresh and more.
Below is a detailed breakdown of the McLaren Automotive collaboration and Update 19.2. For more information, please view the full 19.2 patch notes HERE. Survivors who want to preview the new content can do so today on the PC Test Server.
- Drive in Style With McLaren Automotive: During PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS’ collaboration with McLaren Automotive, players will have the opportunity to obtain a “McLaren GT Standard - Onyx Black” vehicle skin, costume, gear, emote and more via in-game McLaren Loot Caches. Players can also outfit the Coupe RB vehicle with McLaren skins and can equip the special McLaren skins to the vehicle through the new vehicle interaction feature. Players can apply the skins by pressing the secondary interaction key in front of the vehicle. The skins do not affect the performance of the vehicle, and its original specs remain unchanged.
- Vehicle Workshop: Players can also make “McLaren GT Standard - Silica White” and “McLaren GT Elite - Volcano Yellow” vehicle skins in the Workshop by using the McLaren tokens acquired from McLaren Loot Caches and the Crafter Pass: McLaren. McLaren Loot Caches and the Crafter Pass* will be sold in PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS during the collaboration periods for PC and console. Additionally, exclusive McLaren Automotive customizable items will also arrive with the collaboration so that players can create their own McLaren vehicles to suit their personal style. In the Workshop, players can craft exterior vehicle colors, brake calipers, wheels, and more to design their own vehicles with these items. The customized cars can also be displayed in the custom lobby.
- McLaren Container Car: Throughout the collaboration, a special container car will spawn in each starting point of Erangel, Miramar, Taego, Sanhok, Vikendi and Deston. Players who own a McLaren vehicle skin can interact with these container cars and only the player and/or their teammates who open the container can ride and drive the vehicle. The McLaren containers and vehicles will be removed once the match starts.
- The Not-So-Friendly Neighborhood Food Truck: A new vehicle has arrived in Deston, dishing out some not-so-friendly treats to players exploring Deston. If you see the new Food Truck vehicle driving through Deston, you can expect a buffet of bullets flying out of the truck’s open window! The Food Truck carries up to four passengers and features a large, vertical and open window on one side of the van and is only available in Deston.
- New Weather System: Players jumping into Deston can experience the new time-of-day weather feature that will deliver a more realistic lighting/weather state over the course of a single match. The feature will not support a full day to night cycle and only a short progression cycle will be shown with no drastic change to the sun angle.
- Animation Refresh: The animation refresh update, originally detailed in a dev letter, will be live for Update 19.2! The goal for the update is to enhance player experience by improving and refining the game’s animation presentation, while retaining existing timing and strategy.
- New Weapon Attachment, Heavy Stock: The Heavy Stock arrives with Update 19.2 and will provide less recoil at the cost of slower ADS timing. Check the patch notes for a full rundown of weapons compatible with the Heavy Stock.
More information on PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS is available at emea.battlegrounds.pubg.com and on official social media channels: YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Twitch, TikTok.
*The Premium Crafter Pass will not be available in the Netherlands and Belgium.
KRAFTON, Inc. is a collective of independent game development studios brought together to create innovative and engaging entertainment experiences for gamers across the world. The company consists of PUBG Studios, Bluehole Studio, Striking Distance Studios, RisingWings, Dreamotion, Unknown Worlds and 5minlab, each with its own unique expertise.
KRAFTON is responsible for premier entertainment properties including PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS, NEW STATE MOBILE, The Callisto Protocol, TERA, and ELYON. As a technology-driven company that boasts world-class capabilities, KRAFTON seeks to expand its areas of business beyond games to multimedia entertainment and deep learning. For more information about KRAFTON, please visit https://www.krafton.com.