AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS - NOVEMBER 15, 2021 - KRAFTON, Inc. announced that the Pick’em Challenge for the 2021 PUBG Global Championship (PGC), the premier esports event that will crown the overall champion of PUBG Esports’ 2021 season, is now live and will run until Dec. 19, 2021
Throughout the event, players can obtain voting coupons by watching the esports broadcast and/or by purchasing exclusive event in-game items. These voting coupons can be used to predict the winners of PGC 2021 matches. Successfully predicting the winners will award Esports Points (EP), which can be redeemed for exclusive PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS in-game items. Thirty percent of Pick’em Challenge net sales will be added to the event’s $2 million USD prize pool.
HOW TO EARN VOTING COUPONS
Fans can earn Voting Coupons - which allow them to participate in the Pick’em Challenge, predict match outcomes and receive EP - two different ways:
- Watch PGC 2021: Visit the in-game PUBG Esports tab weekly; while watching PGC 2021 a code will pop up that players can use to redeem in-game for a free voting coupon.
- Purchase Select In-Game Items: Participants can purchase exclusive PGC 2021 items from the PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS in-game store, which are bundled with up to 60 Voting Coupons, depending on the items purchased. PGC 2021 items available for purchase include the following:
- PGC 2021 Contingent Chaos Duster Bundle (includes 25 Voting Coupons)
- PGC 2021 Contingent Chaos Jacket Bundle (includes 25 Voting Coupons)
- PGC 2021 Dance Splash Emote Bundle (includes 1 Voting Coupon)
- PGC 2021 Mega Bundle (includes 60 Voting Coupons)
HOW TO USE VOTING COUPONS TO MAKE PGC 2021 PREDICTIONS
Throughout PGC 2021, viewers can participate in two separate Pick’em Challenge events that repeat weekly:
- Weekly Final Top Four: Fans can use their voting coupons to predict which teams will be ranked in the top four at the end of a respective week of competition. Those participating can vote for up to eight teams. Through correct predictions, up to 187,500 EP can be earned weekly through this event.
- Weekly Kill Point MVP: Supporters can use their voting coupons to predict which team will earn the most kills during the Weekly Finals. They can vote for up to eight teams. Through correct predictions, up to 150,000 EP can be earned weekly through this event.
ALTERNATE WAYS TO EARN EP
Fans who watch the official PUBG Twitch broadcasts of PGC 2021 can earn up to 40,000 free EP through special Twitch Drops. Viewers must have a KRAFTON ID linked to their platform of choice (e.g., Steam) and their Twitch account to receive the free EP via Twitch Drops. If they don’t already have a KRAFTON ID, they can visit https://accounts.krafton.com/login to register and link their respective platform and Twitch accounts.
PGC 2021 PICK’EM CHALLENGE REWARD ITEMS
The following PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS in-game items can be redeemed using EP that was earned by using Voting Coupons during the aforementioned Pick’em Challenge events:
- PGC 2021 Contingent Chaos - P90
- PGC 2021 Contingent Chaos - Pan
- PGC 2021 Contingent Chaos - Helmet (Level 3)
- PGC 2021 Giltslate Contagion Backpack (Level 3)
- PGC 2021 Contingent Chaos - UAZ
- PGC 2021 Hairstyle 28
For the latest information on PUBG Esports, please visit pubgesports.com and follow the official Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube channels.
KRAFTON, Inc. is a collective of independent game development studios brought together to create innovative and engaging entertainment experiences for gamers across the world. The company consists of PUBG Studios, Bluehole Studio, Striking Distance Studios, RisingWings, Dreamotion, and Unknown Worlds, each with its own unique expertise.
KRAFTON is responsible for premier entertainment properties including PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS, PUBG: NEW STATE, The Callisto Protocol, TERA, and ELYON. As a technology-driven company that boasts world-class capabilities, KRAFTON seeks to expand its areas of business beyond games to multimedia entertainment and deep learning. For more information about KRAFTON, please visit www.krafton.com.